[Design] [cosmo] [proposal] [last call] Sign up for an account + adding the currently viewed collection

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Tue Apr 10 10:32:59 PDT 2007

On 4/10/07, Travis Vachon <travis at osafoundation.org> wrote:

> 4. Use the preferences system to implement this feature.
>
> We built out a system for storing arbitrary key-value pairs on the
> server side to implement preferences, couldn't we use this instead of
> a cookie to implement option 2?

if the account is created but not activated, how would the ui tell the
server to store this preference? same problem as option 1.

however, i like this direction. what about allowing the client to
specify arbitrary preference kvp's (key-value pairs) in the signup
request? the server wouldn't have to interpret their semantics, just
store them as prefs. then, when the account is activated, we can check
for the specific pref that says "subscribe to collection x" and do
that.