[Design] Re: [Cosmo] 'Bare minimum' proposal for Casual Collaborator Cosmo UI - Preview

Matthew Eernisse mde at osafoundation.org
Mon Nov 13 10:52:10 PST 2006

Pretty much every use of the Cancel button I can think of is on some
kind of dialog box -- and clicking it dismisses the box. ('Cancel' seems
to mean "Stop this new process I'm engaged in, and go back to whatever
original context I was in before.") Maybe I'm over-analyzing, but using
it without being in a new context seems a little strange to me.

Does it not make sense to consider calling it 'Revert' or something?
Doesn't Photoshop have a button in some of the dialog boxes that revert
everything to the previous state? What is that button called?

Just my two shekels. :)

Matthew