[Design] Design Session Navigation Use Case

Priscilla Chung priscilla at osafoundation.org
Mon Mar 6 11:59:57 PST 2006

Tuesday March 7th, 2006 in Whoville from 2:15-3:45.
Please send your example of a navigation use case to the design list.
It can be using either Scooby or Chandler.

Here are a couple of examples that require navigating betweens weeks
and may require moving events between weeks.

1. 'Postpone'. The user is scheduled to interview a job candidate.
The candidate calls in on the interview day on Friday and needs to
reschedule to the next week.
Task: Move event across weeks, from first week to the next. (or even
across months, ie. Feb. 25th to March 4th. 2006)

2. 'Extended Stay'. You are planning mini-break in Sonoma that last
from Friday to Tuesday.
Task: Create single events that span from the end of one week to the
beginning of the next.

3. 'Project plan/Context'. You're finishing kitchen renovations and
you have schedule a set of sub-contractors. The last two contractors
are floor re-finishers and appliance movers. the appliance movers are
scheduled to come in after the floor is done. The floor re-finishers
will take four days to finish the job. The day before they start,
they call to delay for two days. You need to reschedule the appliance
movers.
Task: You need to rearrange a set of multi-day events.

-Priscilla