[Design] Proposal for 0.7 dashboard phases

Davor Cubranic cubranic at cs.ubc.ca
Sat Mar 4 12:14:28 PST 2006

Mimi Yin wrote:

> Which means that "Project: Launch", has a rule that populates it.
> However, that rule only adds things into the "Project: Launch". It
> doesn't prevent users from making exclusions or inclusions.
> Essentially, de-Labeling or Removing an item from "Project: Launch"
> even though it is technically "From: Karen" OR Labeling or Adding an
> item to "Project: Launch" even though it is neither "From nor To:
> Karen."

This looks pretty reasonable in general, so I just thought I'd give it a
test on an edge case.

What if you have a simple rule like "Next month" that collects items
with the due date in the next 30 days? Would it look like "the right
thing" if an item that a user specifically included remained in that
collection indefinitely? Even after it was marked "done"?

Should there be some visual feedback in the summary view indicating
items that don't match the collection rule but are included because the
user explicitly marked them so?

Davor