[Design] More dashboard questions
stearns at osafoundation.org
Thu Jun 29 13:03:24 PDT 2006
Sheila & Mimi,
Here are a few more questions about the dashboard spec...
- "Use smart defaults for column widths" - what's 'smart'? Columns are
currently initialized with hard widths, except Title which is given "the
rest of the space" (and which is the only thing that stretches if the
user grows/shrinks the summary area).
- What does "we would like to implement in-place editing with clickable
icon widgets" mean? Is this just clicking on the icon-widget cells?
- Re: "*Cut Copy, Duplicate & Paste:* Basic support for cut copy,
duplicate and paste. This includes the ability to cut, copy and paste
text (from selected rows) and cut, copy, duplicate and paste for
selected table items (presumably, cut, copy, duplicate & paste will work
for calendar items as well). Q. Do we need a separate spec for Cut,
Copy, Duplicate and Paste?" ... Is this a reasonable interpretation?:
"Cut/copy/duplicate/paste operates on items of selected rows, unless a
cell in the table is being text-edited, in which case cut/paste/copy
operate on the text selection within the edit control".
- What "native column selection behavior" could we not get working on
- At the spec review, I asked if ticklers (on all items) replace alarms
(on calendar items). The answers-to-questions page lists this question,
but answers it "Ticklers are 1 kind of alarm", which makes it sound like
the existing alarm affordance on calendar items would remain and be
distinct from a detail-view tickler affordance on all items (including
calendar events). The screenshots in the spec don't show both, though -
which is right?
- In the alpha4 staging "Things to do first" list: what's "Display
property triage status icon" mean?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Design