[Design] Expando Date/Time fields

Mimi Yin mimi at osafoundation.org
Wed Jan 11 13:26:16 PST 2006

Here's another proposal for expanding/contracting fields, this time
in the date/time area. (I believe Daniel brought this up on the list
as well a month ago.)

In a nutshell, can we summarize date/time information into 2 lines or
less. Protect the user from all of the edit widgets for date/time.
Only reveal them if they click into the date/time description and/or
some special edit button next to it. (not depicted below)

I'm thinking there are internationalization issues here? Are there
ways we can experiment with this idea just in English first before
worrying about internationalizing it? (special English-only,
experimental modules?)

http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Journal/ExpandoDateTimeFields