[Design] [D/f] Shared office calendar

Grant Baillie grant at osafoundation.org
Fri Feb 10 17:35:04 PST 2006

On Feb 10, 2006, at 5:26 , Mimi Yin wrote:

> I just added a PTO day for next on the Shared office calendar and
> sent out a "Notification" by stamping the event as an email. And it
> worked! :o)
>
> Unfortunately I had to first set up my email account and ran into 2
> problems that I eventually straightened out:
>
> 1. Why is there a TLS / SSL option for Incoming mail? My Apple Mail
> account preferences didn't have one for inbound mail.

There is, but for unfathomable reasons it's hidden under the
"Advanced" tab.

> 2. Why is the outbound mail setting TLS and not SSL? It's SSL in
> Apple Mail. There's no TLS option.

The terms "SSL" and "TLS" are incorrect, as I think I've rambled
about before on this list.

Apple Mail supports both, but figures out which one is likely to
apply. This works in almost all cases, except for people with bizarre
server setups.

--Grant