[Design] [Cosmo] Creating new accounts while logged into Cosmo-Demo

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Tue Feb 7 00:25:34 PST 2006

On 2/6/06, Sheila Mooney <sheila at osafoundation.org> wrote:
> I wanted to throw this out on the design list since we really haven't
> had any Cosmo design discussions on the list so far. We would like to
> get some feedback on how you think we should solve the following bug.
>
> Currently, if you are logged into your account on Cosmo-Demo and try
> to create a new account (before signing out), an error page pops up
> as soon as you have typed in all the new account info and click the
> "Create Account" button. Basically, you cannot create a new account
> without signing out first.
>
> What are some alternatives to fix this? Do we log people out
> automatically? If so when? Do we let people know they need to log out
> before creating a new account?

i've always solved this problem in the past by not even showing the
user the signup page, but instead redirecting him somewhere safe, like
his profile page or account home page. i think that's the safest and
smartest thing to do.

it's not likely that somebody who knows they are logged into the app
will have any need to sign up another account. most probably the
person has just forgotten that they are already logged in.