[Design] [Cosmo][Proposal] Time-zone on Cosmo UI

Bobby Rullo br at osafoundation.org
Tue Dec 5 14:03:24 PST 2006

On Dec 5, 2006, at 1:41 PM, Jeremy Epstein wrote:

> Which is worse?
>   1) having to reset the timezone 100% of time with an annoying alert

What if the alert wasn't annoying? What if it was just a little
notice at the top of the screen that's not modal, that the user
doesn't have to click out of.- "Note: This calendar uses timezones -
sign up for an account for full access" or something.

>   2) the possibility you might have to reset the timezone some of
> the time.

> A CC could change their view of the ecalendar.

How about:

3) The calendar creator changed their timezone, and now stuff is in a
different place than it was the last time the CC looked, and the CC
is three hours early/late for their appointments?

I think 3)'s the worst frankly.

I think anything other than floating timezones for CC's is dangerous,
unless we assign timezones to collections, which might be the
solution, but carries with it a bunch of workflow and UI which we
haven't planned for.

bobby