[Design] [Cosmo] [Proposal] Anonymous login with Ticket + Password

Bobby Rullo br at osafoundation.org
Mon Aug 21 14:18:19 PDT 2006

On Aug 21, 2006, at 2:10 PM, Mimi Yin wrote:

With regards to:

> + Copy URLs (tickets) and password to clipboard

and also:

> + Machine-generated tickets are better used as a URL, something the
> user clicks on

Tickets do not equal URL's. URL's may or may not have a ticket inside
of them. So you can't "click on a ticket" - you can click on a URL
that has ticket.

This is an important distinction because one of the things that is
being discussed is whether password-protected collections also need a
ticket in the URL. It is hard to discuss this if we use ticket and
URL synonymously.