[Design] Re: New Linux desktop features: implications for

Selva silver3 at gosympatico.ca
Wed Dec 10 01:37:02 PST 2003

Hi Miljenko,

I'm returning this discussion back to the main list for broader input.  It looks like your suggestion is being implemented by the new Sun desktop.  Apparantly, you can hang application windows on the side of the monitor and just flip through them.  Check out the preview cited in my last post on this thread.

Rgds,
Selva

> From: "Miljenko Williams" <mil at pobox.com>
> Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 20:42:06 +0100
> To: "Selva" <silver3 at gosympatico.ca>,
> 	"David Neeley" <dbneeley at oddpost.com>
> CC: <mitch at osafoundation.org>
> Subject: Re: New Linux desktop features: implications for
>
> Just a thought.  The 2D (Windows type) desktop *is* fine as it goes, in the
> sense that you can leave things around as you might with a real desktop.
> Why not add to such 2D desktops the idea of piles of paper through which you
> could flip, when for example the mouse hovered over them?  This would allow
> you to bring the info to the cursor in the way I wanted to without
> complicating matters *too* much, and allow those of us who like to work with
> piles of paper/books to continue to do so?
>
> Miljenko

/Selva