[Design] Comments on Task Feature List

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 1 23:17:19 PST 2003

Hello:

A comments on the Task Feature List.

 Maybe if we have task dependencies then we don't
really need sub-tasks? Maybe if we have Projects and
sub-projects, then we don't really need sub-tasks?

Q: Can tasks has sub-tasks?

Probably. Having the ability to compose bigger
workflows from smaller workflows is a good thing.

Q:Maybe if we have task dependencies then we don't
really need sub-tasks?

I view sub-tasks and task dependencies dealing with
two different (but related) problems. Sub-tasks are
about organization and task dependencies about
temporal ordering.

Q:Maybe if we have Projects and sub-projects, then we
don't really need sub-tasks?

Again, I think projects deal with a different
conceptual problem: managing resources to achieve a
goal.

Cheers,
Andrew