[cosmo-dev] [Proposal] Chandler Server 1.0 Release
mimi at osafoundation.org
Mon Jun 16 13:35:06 PDT 2008
Travis, Jeffrey, Sheila, Grant and I met briefly today to review the
state of the web work Q:
The good news is, we are a few days away from finishing up the 1.0
queue. Travis and Randy are already in the throes of testing (or at
least preparing for testing).
One open issue that came out of the meeting was: Are we ready to
deploy Chandler Server 1.0 with the next release?
There are a lot of changes going into this next release, complete
rehaul of the Detail View, just to name 1. I'm concerned that testing
release candidates won't be enough to catch all the potential issues
and bugs. It would be great to have a period of time during which
this next release is live on Chandler Hub, dealing with real user
data and real users, before declaring 1.0.
Would it be reasonable if we tentatively label the next release of
Chandler Server (Cosmo) 0.17, roll it out to Chandler Hub, wait (1
week?) to see if any serious problems come up, fix them and then
release Chandler Server 1.0? If no serious problems arise, we could
then simply make the 0.17 release --> 1.0.
An alternative would be to simply label this next release 1.0 and
release 1.1 asap if we run into any major issues right away.
Any other ideas? Randy, it'd be great to get your input since you
weren't at the meeting.
More information about the cosmo-dev