[cosmo-dev] Abdera refactoring

Jared Rhine jared at wordzoo.com
Fri Jan 25 09:58:45 PST 2008

> http://www.snellspace.com/wp/?p=863
>
> Haven't looked into this in depth yet, but we may want to address
> this in 0.13 or 0.14.

My instinct would be to wait longer for the refactoring to stabilize.
New/reworked frameworks are often like *.0 products; once they hit the
real world, they sometimes need to be tweaked before they stabilize.
-0 on a 0.13/0.14 Abdera update.

In general, adapting to updated frameworks provides zero value to end
users, until such time as it unblocks a developer, makes development
of a feature faster, or starts fixing bugs in your product.  (Readily
acknowledging that a healthy project can't wait forever to update,
either).

A bug for the update should be opened, for sure.

-- Jared