[cosmo-dev] Assigning bugzilla components for Cosmo

Travis Vachon travis at osafoundation.org
Thu Jan 24 12:42:45 PST 2008

> Travis is going to send out a separate email with a proposal for
> changing some of the components.

I've been itching for a new "web client backend" to cover Javascript
bugs that aren't UI related (transport/ model layer stuff). Mimi
mentioned to today that "non-calendar, non-list, non-detail view" UI
bugs don't really have a natural component either. I'd like to propose
we:

  * Consolidate "Calendar UI," "Detail View" and "Dashboard" into one
component: PIM UI (this would remain separate from the account browser
and admin UIs).
  * Create new "Web client infrastructure" (or something similar) to
cover the transport/model end of the web ui. I imagine this category
would mostly receive bugs from other categories, as most end users
aren't likely to know when something falls in this category.

Thoughts? Comments? Objections?

If I don't hear anything on this thread I'll move ahead with this
early next week.

-Travis