[cosmo-dev] RFC4791 HTTP REPORT and Cosmo

Brian Moseley bcm at maz.org
Mon Aug 18 11:50:18 PDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Grant Baillie <grant at osafoundation.org> wrote:

> It's been a while since I looked at the details of CalDAV, but if I remember
> right:
>
> - The calendar-home-set REPORT you tried (which worked) pointed you at
> /webcal/dav/samuel/ as the "home directory" for CalDAV calendars on the
> server, as it is supposed to.
>
> - The top-level collection on Cosmo (/webcal/dav/myusername/ for you) is an
> ordinary WebDAV collection, not a calendar. So, when you did a Depth: 0
> calendar-query REPORT on it, the server replied with a "this isn't a
> calendar" response. To get actual calendar data, pass in a non-zero Depth
> (I'm not sure if Depth: infinity is supported, though). Alternatively, you
> can use standard WebDAV PROPFIND requests to find where the individual
> calendars are beneath that top-level collection, and query those.

it's been a while for me, too, but I think Grant's correct on all
counts. re the PROPFIND option, you can examine the DAV:resourcetype
for each collection contained within your home collection to see if it
contains CALDAV:calendar; if so, you can send your REPORT to that
collection itself. alternately, as mentioned, you can use a non-zero
DEPTH against your own home collection.

you'll also want to verify which reports are supported by which
collections - and if REPORT is even supported for the method at all. I
forget the specific property which tells you which reports are
supported, but you can look to the RFC for that.

>> Incidentally, where is the DTD for the "DAV" and
>> "urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:caldav" namespaces? Note also that
>> http://osafoundation.org/cosmo/DAV doesn't exist anymore!

those DTDs are in the dav and caldav RFCs, altho I think only in
fragmentary form.

as for the cosmo dav namespace, there was never a resource there to
begin with. just have a look at the page on the chandler wiki that
describes cosmo's caldav support. i don't have the url handy, sorry.