[cosmo-dev] Re: Sending emails / SMS / IM to Cosmo

randy at osafoundation.org randy at osafoundation.org
Fri Aug 15 08:06:08 PDT 2008

Its been talked about, but we haven't really done anything to support
this.  I know Jared was talking about doing this as an add-on (it would
use existing atom apis).  I think Jared was talking about first doing
email, and then supporting SMS would simply be an extension of that since
there are tools that translate SMS to email.

I've done a little investigation on supporting IM to Cosmo, and that would
be cool to add.  It would require a little UI work for user preferences to
enable this functionality (for security purposes).

I also think it would be cool to add a Jott link...that was some cool
stuff, calling a number, leaving a voice mail, getting that voice mail
translated to text and then that text inserted into a collection on hub.

All this stuff is def doable short-term.

-Randy