[Cosmo-dev] Cosmo 0.8 Meeting Summary

Jared Rhine jared at wordzoo.com
Thu Sep 27 17:44:36 PDT 2007

Brian Moseley wrote:
>> Please don't move bugs from 0.7.4 or 0.7.future to Future.   Those
>> bugs are not in future for a reason.
>
> what is that reason? if we are doing time based releases, it doesn't
> seem very useful to dump bugs in version-numbered buckets now that we
> have a 0.7.4 rc.

My understanding is simply because those bugs in 0.7.4 and 0.7.future
are already known to be a type of "shortlist".  They represent the
collective wisdom of the bug council of stuff that's more important than
the rest of what's in Future.  If they get moved to Future, we'll lose
the ability to review that shortlist (unless they all get tagged with a
keyword or other bugzilla-searchable mechanism).

-- Jared