[Cosmo-dev] Cosmo 0.8 Meeting Summary

Ted Leung twl at osafoundation.org
Thu Sep 27 17:43:11 PDT 2007

On Sep 27, 2007, at 5:12 PM, Brian Moseley wrote:

> On 9/27/07, Ted Leung <twl at osafoundation.org> wrote:
>>

>> Please don't move bugs from 0.7.4 or 0.7.future to Future.   Those
>> bugs are not in future for a reason.
>
> what is that reason? if we are doing time based releases, it doesn't
> seem very useful to dump bugs in version-numbered buckets now that we
> have a 0.7.4 rc.

The time based releases are happening by working from a set of bugs
which have been triaged by me, Katie (PPD), Aparna (QA), and Jared
(Service).   If you're familiar with Scrum, think of it as the
"project backlog", a list of work which people pull their next tasks
from.   In the 0.7.x series, the 0.7.future milestone served this
purpose.  Once we converge the two lines of development (0.7.x and
0.8) we will need a backlog milestone again.  Future doesn't serve
that purpose because there is just too much stuff in there, and
there's stuff in there that is really unlikely to get done in the
next 3-6 months.     My current thinking is that we'll create a Cosmo
1.0 milestone which will be the project backlog from now until 1.0

Ted