[Cosmo-dev] WebRunner

Travis Vachon travis at osafoundation.org
Thu Sep 27 15:45:33 PDT 2007

Hi folks

I've spent a little (~an hour so far) making a WebRunner profile for
Chandler Hub. You can read about WebRunner here:

http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2007/09/webrunner_07_ro.html
http://ajaxian.com/archives/webrunner-07-released
http://www.russellbeattie.com/blog/webrunner-is-an-incredible-idea

In short, it's a web browser that runs one (and only one) web site,
as specified in a configuration file.

I've put a .webapp configuration file for Chandler Hub here:
http://stuff.occident.us/chandler.webapp

You can run it by installing WebRunner:
http://wiki.mozilla.org/WebRunner#Installs

and double clicking on the .webapp file.

Also, I've blogged about this whole deal here:
http://occident.us/2007/09/27/chandler-hub-webrunner-crazy-delicious/

My next step with this is to add the files that make up the .webapp
zip file to our subversion repository. I was thinking a peer to /
server might make sense. Any thoughts bear?

-Travis