[Cosmo-dev] Feature request: permalinks

Travis Vachon travis at osafoundation.org
Thu Sep 13 11:29:32 PDT 2007

Hi Jeffrey

Not too hard actually, we already have some of the work done. Due to
a lack of testing it isn't documented, but I'd love to see official
support for this in 0.8.

To play with it for now, construct URLs like:

http://hub.osafoundation.org/pim/collection/{uid}?view={viewname}

where {viewname} can be "cal" or "list"

The only remaining bit that we'd need would be a way to specify a
date to display. We could probably pull this off by implementing a
"date={date}" parameter in less than half a day of work.

I'm not sure how tricky the permalink update code would be, as it
would be reliant on whatever hooks we have into the ui control code,
but Matthew could probably come up with a solid estimate there.

Big big +1 for this!

-Travis