[Cosmo-dev] Bug 10304 and base64 encoding

Matthew Eernisse mde at osafoundation.org
Mon Sep 10 12:47:00 PDT 2007

Re. decoding -- I thought I noticed a difference after re-building the
app, and decided to try to do a rough benchmark.

This is milliseconds for cosmo.app.pim.serv.getDashboardItems (list view).

Latest, r5608:

r5578, pre-base64:

I just did it by bracketing the service call, like this:

var dtA = new Date().getTime();

// Service call stuff

var dtB = new Date().getTime();
var diff = dtB - dtA;

And then switching back and forth between list and cal view.
It does seem to slow things down significantly, even with a very small
collection of items. The collection has about 50 non-recurring items
(half Later, half Done).