[Cosmo-dev] Bug 10304 and base64 encoding

Ted Leung twl at osafoundation.org
Mon Sep 10 12:14:09 PDT 2007

So a few thoughts here:

1. We definitely have an issue with the feeds, which we should
address.  The question is during what timeframe?

2. We are very closely watching what goes into 0.7.x.   Stability of
the web UI is pretty important for the 0.7.x series.

3. I am concerned about the amount of extra client processing which
this requires.  There are already some parts of the web UI which I
would consider to be sluggish.

4. Yes, we need performance targets for the web UI, but I'll point
out that on the desktop we had an attitude of punting on performance
because we could always fix it later, or that the decreases weren't
really that bad.   I don't think that we should be repeating that.

5. Yes, we have a goal of opening up the service/server with a broad
range of APIs.   But that is a longer term goal, not a "must happen
this week" goal.

If we are saying we should punt the bug to 0.8, then I think that we
should punt the changes to 0.8 (trunk) as well.

Ted