[Cosmo-dev] Bug 10304 and base64 encoding

Bobby Rullo br at osafoundation.org
Mon Sep 10 11:28:31 PDT 2007

The reality is that this there is no client who can do much of
anything with EIM+JSON except for the WebUI, and the primary (only)
consumer of it is the web browser. The EIM+JSON feed would  never
have existed if not for the web UI. So the needs of the web UI are of
primary importance here.

Now, Cosmo as an open service is important as well. To this end,
complying with the standard is important and therefore so base64
encoding the Atom content.

Travis suggested in IRC having base64 encoding on by default, but
having the ability to turn it off via a header or query string. This
solution would seem to me to satisfy everyone's needs.

bobby