[Cosmo-dev] Cosmo 0.7.1 release plan

Mike bear at code-bear.com
Tue Sep 4 17:34:27 PDT 2007

I don't think I came across totally clear based on the IRC convesation
I just had with Ted:

The 0.7.1 branch will happen tomorrow - the dev team will start fixing
0.7.1 targeted bugs.

When QA starts working on 0.7.1, the 0.7.2 branch will be created. Any
changes to 0.7.1 made after the 0.7.2 branch will need to be merged
forward.

Once 0.7.1 is closed the cycle repeats with 0.7.2 and so on

Hopefully this is clearer and Im getting what the dev team is trying to
do :)

On Sep 4, 2007, at 8:26 PM, Mike wrote:

> On Sep 4, 2007, at 7:55 PM, Ted Leung wrote:
>
>> - We've only seen one proposal for how to manage branchng, so we're
>> going to do that one, which is to base the 0.7.x branches off of 0.7.
>>   We will merge the changes from 0.7.1 into the trunk when 0.7.1
>> releases, but we will also merge them into 0.7.2 as soon as QA begins
>> so that 0.7.2 development can proceed.   It is going to be important
>> to keep the .7.x branches and the trunk in buildable/releasable
>> states.
>
> I will be able to branch 0.7.1 on demand (well, given an hour's notice)
>
> The plan looks doable - with the caveat that we will all be tweaking
> as we go along.
>
> My thoughts are that as 0.7.x fixes are applied I should also be
> seeing the patches being applied to trunk and that as soon as 0.7.x is
> signed off by QA I will need to create a 0.7.x+1 branch and close
> 0.7.x
>
> When each branch is created is really up to the dev team.
---
Bear

Build and Release Engineer
bear at osafoundation.org