[Cosmo-dev] Cosmo 0.7.1 release plan

Mike bear at code-bear.com
Tue Sep 4 17:26:07 PDT 2007

On Sep 4, 2007, at 7:55 PM, Ted Leung wrote:

> - We've only seen one proposal for how to manage branchng, so we're
> going to do that one, which is to base the 0.7.x branches off of 0.7.
>  We will merge the changes from 0.7.1 into the trunk when 0.7.1
> releases, but we will also merge them into 0.7.2 as soon as QA begins
> so that 0.7.2 development can proceed.   It is going to be important
> to keep the .7.x branches and the trunk in buildable/releasable
> states.

I will be able to branch 0.7.1 on demand (well, given an hour's notice)

The plan looks doable - with the caveat that we will all be tweaking as
we go along.

My thoughts are that as 0.7.x fixes are applied I should also be seeing
the patches being applied to trunk and that as soon as 0.7.x is signed
off by QA I will need to create a 0.7.x+1 branch and close 0.7.x

When each branch is created is really up to the dev team.

---
Bear

Build and Release Engineer
bear at osafoundation.org