[Cosmo-dev] trunk: 0.8.1 or 0.9

Ted Leung twl at osafoundation.org
Mon Oct 8 10:43:29 PDT 2007

I agree that 0.8.1 doesn't make sense.  I don't think that we are
going to plan to do any more 0.x.y releases.   Bug fix releases
mostly make sense when you have a long cycle between releases, but I
don't think they make any sense in a world where we release more
frequently.  There is on exception, which is if we discover service
critical bugs, but we can always make a 0.x.1 branch for those if we
need to fix the version of Cosmo that is already up on hub.

I'd be fine with making the trunk 0.9, or keeping the trunk buildable
at 0.8 and doing all work on 0.9 on a branch like we did for the
0.7.x series.  As long as we have a way to release emergency fixes
for the hub, I will be happy.