[Cosmo-dev] To merge, or not to merge...
br at osafoundation.org
Tue Mar 27 15:32:47 PST 2007
For the Cosmo UI dashboard plumbing stuff Travis created a new branch
off the trunk to work on, with the idea being that as stuff got added
onto trunk we'd merge it in every so often (weekly, or more
Now I'm doing work on converting the Cosmo datamodel to the RPC data
model, and I realize that a lot has changed in 0.6.1 - so much so
that I'm blocked unless I either do a lot of work twice, or do some
sort of merge.
So the options are:
1) Block. Wait for 0.6.1 to be released on the trunk and merge from
there. Bad for obvious reasons.
2) Merge 0.6.1 changes to our dashboard branch. This could get
tricky, cuz then we have to start merging from trunk after 0.6.1 gets
3) Merge 0.6.1 to trunk, and then from trunk to our dashboard
branch. A bit more work, with the only advantage being that it might
be a bit less book-keeping since we know that we always merge from
trunk to dashboard.
I'm mostly in favor of 2) personally.
More information about the cosmo-dev