[Cosmo-dev] abbreviating content of entries in atom collections

Travis Vachon travis at osafoundation.org
Mon Jun 11 12:17:09 PDT 2007

Ok, thanks!

Technically, given what I know about Atom and REST, these sound like
very good ideas. I'd like to become more familiar with all of the
concepts surrounding this stuff and I think I'm going to take the
afternoon to get myself to a point where I feel more capable of
evaluating them technically.

 From what I do understand, they sound fantastic, and exactly what
I'd love to be able to get into 0.7. Probably the best case scenario
in my mind would be to have them implemented on the server in a way
that is compatible with the current system, and have the client use
them when we get a chance schedule-wise. It very well may turn out
that the current protocol makes the ui unacceptably slow for preview,
in which case having a more efficient protocol within 3-5 days of
client side work could be a life saver.

I'm going to spend the afternoon catching up on this background
stuff, and I'll try to get back with any further thoughts before the
end of the day!

-Travis