[Cosmo-dev] Release meeting notes for 2007-07-12
jared at wordzoo.com
Mon Jul 16 12:05:06 PDT 2007
Below are the meeting notes from the Cosmo release meeting of 2007-07-12.
Cosmo 0.6.1.1. It's out the door.
- Just released yesterday
- Everyone happy with the process? Seemed fine.
- Very small changes to Cosmo seem suited for integrated release: one
email/blog for Cosmo+Service.
- Decision: avoid where possible including patches in point releases
that have no repro and thus no validation steps. Or at least decide
that upfront to avoid QA stalls trying to figure out what to do.
Office calendar bug. What was up with that?
- A relatively show-stopping bug came up Tuesday which broke
production and cross Cosmo and Desktop. 4 bugs were opened. Issue
involved how event modification inheritance was sent by Chandler in
- No production changes needed: A change in Chandler the previous
Thursday caused the "corruption", and a fix/resync in Chandler fixed
- Katie: are there ways to improve debugging?
- Decision: Aparna to arrange move of office calendar to separate
account. Supports seeing what "the publisher" sees in the web UI,
which can be helpful for debugging.
- There were errors in the error reporting code, which almost required
a production patch just for that.
Cosmo 0.7 status. Anyone need anything?
- Changing /cosmo to /chandler broke Chandler and Chandler team didn't
know about the change. What could have been done better?
- Ideal would have been to have 2 bugs, with the Chandler one
dependent on the Cosmo one. There was a decision on the list, but
it was Cosmo list not Chandler and sorta buried.
- Katie: proposed two bug-punting sets: ie6 and safari. Safari
puntage generally supported, IE could use more IE6/IE7 discussion.
Decision: Katie to take puntage proposal to list.
- Ted: Anything needed on non-code deliverables? Consensus was that
branding tasks seem great, complete unless missing items are found.
- Jared wants to start the release notes soon. Ted notes the wiki
docs are next on the todo.
UUID discussion. How do we figure out next steps?
- Decision: Katie to be driver for this issue.
- Need to determine 3 things:
* Any changes to Cosmo needed prior to Preview?
* Any changes to Chandler Desktop needed prior to Preview?
* Is the general CalDAV space subject to this? Specifically, would
2 Lightning users publishing the same icalshare ICS conflict?
OSCON 24th 25th.
- A week before OSCON, we should have Chandler pointing to Cosmo 0.7
on qasharing. Before that, need to run Chandler automated suite
once against qacosmo.
Decision: Aparna to talk to Dan to arrange automated test run early
week of 2007-07-16.
More information about the cosmo-dev