[cosmo-dev] Windmill 0.3 Released

Mikeal Rogers mikeal at osafoundation.org
Mon Dec 10 12:27:43 PST 2007

Windmill 0.3 released

Our third major release of windmill is out the door. The primary focus
of this release was tackling the larger framework related issues and
features for Python and JSON tests. Usage of windmill has been
steadily increasing and we saw the need for a more feature rich
collection, dependency and setup/teardown system for Python and JSON
tests, and the ability to mix and mash Python and JSON tests.

These changes meant we deprecated almost all the old test running
command line and shell options. Now there is a more unified function
that takes a directory or file in Python or JSON format. The test
running documentation has been updated for the newest version of
windmill and should get you one your way. It also spends some time
talking about windmills setup/teardown and dependency system built
using functest.

There is also a fair amount of IDE bugfixes and improvements:

     * Recording interaction with checkboxes
     * Clearing up any confusing about available options associated
with actions
     * Changing the alert overiding functionality to be applied to a
session
     * Notification and state reporting fixes
     * Playback and Stop Playback state fixes
     * New functionality for flexible JSID's, appending and prepending
     * Convenience variables for cleaner test writing
     * Safari 3 specific window load logic
     * New assert functions including asserts.assertJS
     * "Hitting enter" bug in actions forms
     * Allow XPath override for recording

-Mikeal