[Cosmo-dev] Next steps for Cosmo

Katie Capps Parlante capps at osafoundation.org
Thu Aug 30 14:27:01 PDT 2007

Ted Leung wrote:
>> Perhaps use Priority field to identify PPD's priority?
>
> The only problem with this is that then the developers end up with
> stacks that are all P1 bugs, which doesn't help them figure out what to
> do first in a given release.    What about the severity field?

We wouldn't mark everything as P1 -- we'd use the whole range of
priorities. The same problem could exist with the severity field.

The problem with the severity field is that it already has semantics
which might conflict with how we want to prioritize things. Some
"enhancements" might be on the short list, for example. I think in
practice we'd find it confusing.

"Status whiteboard" is another option, which gives us more flexibility
in defining semantics. imo the advantage of using the priorities is that
it is clear that they are marking, um, priorities.

Cheers,
Katie