[Cosmo-dev] Dojo 0.9 (was Re: [Fwd: Re: HSV conversion code])
travis at osafoundation.org
Mon Aug 20 15:38:39 PDT 2007
Bobby pointed out that I may have been unclear here. I'm talking
about the entire upgrade from dojo 0.4.x to 0.9, not just the HSV
conversion code :)
On Aug 20, 2007, at 2:57 PM, Travis Vachon wrote:
> Preface: Moving conversation to the list per Matthew's suggestion.
> For those that didn't see, Dojo released their latest and greatest
> today, a large, backwards incompatible change that will definitely
> require a non-trivial chunk of developer time when we do upgrade.
> Now onto the meat...
> My feeling right now is that we shouldn't rule out upgrading in the
> Cosmo 0.8 timeframe. I'm definitely for waiting until we hear more
> reports about both Dojo 0.9 and Hub performance. Chatting with Alex
> (Russell) when he was in the office convinced me that we're likely
> to see performance enhancements due to both a streamlining of the
> Dojo code and our ability to do layered builds more easily, so if
> we start hearing that web ui performance is horribly unacceptable
> this might be something to explore.
> Personally I need to do a bit more reading before I'll be able to
> put together an accurate estimate of how long this process will
> take, so this feeling could very easily change in the next week or
> so. I think it might make sense for at least Matthew, Bobby and I
> to independently come up with estimates (likely SWAGs :-) ) after
> getting familiar with the porting guide and go from there.
> On Aug 20, 2007, at 2:38 PM, Matthew Eernisse wrote:
>> I'm wondering about the risk/benefit calculation of converting
>> circa 0.9 -- versus just waiting until a bit after the big 1.0
>> pop. What do y'all think?
> cosmo-dev mailing list
> cosmo-dev at lists.osafoundation.org
More information about the cosmo-dev