[Cosmo-dev] Dojo 0.9 (was Re: [Fwd: Re: HSV conversion code])

Travis Vachon travis at osafoundation.org
Mon Aug 20 14:57:22 PDT 2007

Preface: Moving conversation to the list per Matthew's suggestion.
For those that didn't see, Dojo released their latest and greatest
today, a large, backwards incompatible change that will definitely
require a non-trivial chunk of developer time when we do upgrade. Now
onto the meat...

-----------------

My feeling right now is that we shouldn't rule out upgrading in the
Cosmo 0.8 timeframe. I'm definitely for waiting until we hear more
reports about both Dojo 0.9 and Hub performance. Chatting with Alex
(Russell) when he was in the office convinced me that we're likely to
see performance enhancements due to both a streamlining of the Dojo
code and our ability to do layered builds more easily, so if we start
hearing that web ui performance is horribly unacceptable this might
be something to explore.

Personally I need to do a bit more reading before I'll be able to put
together an accurate estimate of how long this process will take, so
this feeling could very easily change in the next week or so. I think
it might make sense for at least Matthew, Bobby and I to
independently come up with estimates (likely SWAGs :-) ) after
getting familiar with the porting guide and go from there.

-Travis