[Cosmo-dev] Cosmo release meeting notes for 2007-08-09
jared at wordzoo.com
Mon Aug 13 12:03:49 PDT 2007
Here are the meeting notes for the Cosmo release meeting held on 2007-08-09.
- We're switching to a combined cosmo+service bug council. This will
provide better cross-project tracking and resource management.
- We're doing a three-part migration test Friday: "same server" swap,
manual 0.7 migration test cases, some automated code.
- We'll probably need to checkpoint a specific desktop+server version
combination upcoming. No specific actions yet.
- ted: cosmo 0.7 code complete (zero bug release). 7 bugs, not
complete today. bug 10408 needs multiple developers, and randy
won't get to his part until tomorrow.
- aparna: nothing blocking testing. let's talk about migration.
- jared: migration test session tomorrow. doing "same server" swap,
the manual 0.7 migration plan from aparna, and a small bit of
- jared: what are the expectations for migration testing driver.
- answer: make sure it's checked off.
- jared: let's run down the specific checklists on:
A few issues were found, some things that should be in other
checklists. Completion of the readme was confirmed and release
notes flagged. The "no snapshot dependencies" is a post code-freeze
task to push frozen Java packages (instead of -SNAPSHOT) releases.
- bear: of the various test types, tbox does unit tests, protocol
tests, and windmill tests.
- jared: so checklist items needing attention are manual tests and
- aparna: ...and roundtrip workflow tests.
- jared: can we review the proposed list at the bottom of:
- aparna: looks good. will talk with Adam to see what coverage we
- jared: there were some untracked-bugs, direct-to-0.7 tickets that
happened. ted had some concerns.
- twl: for tracking hub tickets. in order for ted to track resources,1
things should come into bug council.
- let's switch to a combined bug council.
- jared: things changing soon, with code complete, zero bug release.
what changes are afoot.
- aparna: for qa, off of their own, verifying bugs as needed.
- what integration with desktop is needed? some discussion, but
nothing specific determined. no changes to meetings.
- jared: release notes draft should be available by tomorrow morning
- there's a kkie session next week. no special prep needed.
More information about the cosmo-dev