[Cosmo-dev] JS error-handling in the UI

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Wed Aug 1 12:07:11 PDT 2007

On 8/1/07, Bobby Rullo <br at osafoundation.org> wrote:

> Yes, it is actually.

"I'll be happy to help in whatever way needed to implement something like
that for all client-side errors -- the key being that it can be easily
and permanently disabled in the dev environment (i.e., no local changes
to files you have to worry about getting committed/overwritten with svn)."

bobby, i read this as the suggestion that your way is great for
production but not great for mde's development, and that being able to
flip a toggle to switch between the two would be preferable. sounds
reasonable to me. i don't recall you ever addressing this idea.

mde, you may have to compromise on the local changes thing.