[Cosmo-dev] MySQL config options

Randy Letness randy at osafoundation.org
Thu Apr 26 10:26:22 PDT 2007

I started a Wiki page:

http://wiki.osafoundation.org/Journal/CosmoZeroPointSixOneConfiguration

on what MySQL config parameters can be tuned to increase concurrency due
to the longer transactions of morse code sharing vs dav-based sharing.
Testing on my machine has shown that these configuration options have
reduced deadlocks significantly.  So the qa mysql install should
probably be configured with these options for the next qa session.

I've also tested a high-concurrency load against a Postgres db and saw
no deadlocks.  But,  interestingly  MySQL offered higher throughput.
This could be because i haven't tuned Postgres on my machine or that
Postgres doesn't shine throughput wise until it gets multiple cpus.

-Randy