[Cosmo-dev] Re: etag change

Morgen Sagen morgen at osafoundation.org
Wed Apr 18 23:26:34 PDT 2007

On Apr 18, 2007, at 5:32 PM, Brian Moseley wrote:

> i just checked in a change to how we calculate etags for our http
> resources.
> [...]

>  morgen, can
> you confirm that this won't cause any data corruption problems?

Well, it won't cause corruption, but it will cause all items to be re-
downloaded as you said, and anyone using old-style sharing (ICS+XML)
in Chandler will have any local changes overwritten by what's on the
server.  Morsecode-based shares don't have this problem because
Chandler keeps a copy of the previously seen EIM records from Cosmo
and can compare them to find out what fields have truly changed.  I
really can't wait to transition to the new framework.  :-)