[Cosmo-dev] Interesting Javascript Safari Issue

Adam Christian adam at osafoundation.org
Tue Apr 17 14:21:28 PDT 2007

I have been running into this issue with Windmill and Safari, where
on the login form I can crash Safari by automating a click on the
cancel button.

The follow javascript crashes safari:

var evt = document.createEvent('MouseEvents');
evt.initEvent(eventType, canBubble, true);

var element = 'However you would like to get the cancel button in the
dom';
I have used cosmo.app.modalDialog.btnsLeft[0].domNode.id to get the
id then get the element, or you can do it manually.

element.dispatchEvent(evt);

This only happens for this specific button, every other button in
Cosmo works fine even in other dialogs and its an interesting issue.
I will probably just take out this check from the test.. but I would
really like to solve the issue.

Adam