[Cosmo-dev] Interesting Javascript Safari Issue

Adam Christian adam at osafoundation.org
Tue Apr 17 14:21:28 PDT 2007

I have been running into this issue with Windmill and Safari, where
on the login form I can crash Safari by automating a click on the
cancel button.

The follow javascript crashes safari:

var evt = document.createEvent('MouseEvents');
evt.initEvent(eventType, canBubble, true);

var element = 'However you would like to get the cancel button in the
I have used cosmo.app.modalDialog.btnsLeft[0].domNode.id to get the
id then get the element, or you can do it manually.

This only happens for this specific button, every other button in
Cosmo works fine even in other dialogs and its an interesting issue.
I will probably just take out this check from the test.. but I would
really like to solve the issue.