[Cosmo-dev] support of /dav v/s /cosmo

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Mon Apr 16 12:21:08 PDT 2007

these are two separate concepts. cosmo urls are formed like this:

context path is the "mount point" for the entire cosmo app. by default
this path is /cosmo, tho jared proposes making it just / for hub.

servlet path is the "selector" within cosmo for different protocols or
ui areas. /dav is mapped to the dav servlet, /atom to the atom
servlet, /pim to the spring dispatcher servlet, etc.

context path and servlet path are names from 2ee, btw, but the concept
of routing requests to different handlers based on path prefixes is of
course a very old one.