[Cosmo-dev] Data migration testing for 0.6.1

Andre Mueninghoff andre_mueninghoff at fastmail.fm
Tue Apr 10 19:29:33 PDT 2007

Mikeal Rogers wrote:
> We will need to have a plan for instructing our bleeding edge users, I'm
> lookin' at you Andre : ), on how to migrate their shares to the new
> sharing format...
Hi Mikeal,
No problem...thanks for thinking of us bleeders, or this bleeder anyway.
    :-)  Seems pretty straight-forward to me. I haven't tested it,
because of the request to not connect to the under-the-desk server that
doesn't exist. ;)  No, really, I've never tried it. But, it seems to me
I can just unpublish from the current production instance of Chandler
Hub, wait for the green light on the upgrade, create a new sharing
account that uses EIMML, and then republish my collections to the new
instance. Would that do it?
Thanks, Andre