[Cosmo-dev] Data migration testing for 0.6.1

Mikeal Rogers mikeal at osafoundation.org
Tue Apr 10 16:18:54 PDT 2007

The expectation here is that most people will be using old, already
released, Chandler clients through the next migration and that they
will still be using the old sharing methods.

Moving people between sharing accounts in Chandler hasn't been
discussed, and won't be fully addressed for the 0.6.1 release because
most of the dogfooders won't be using EIMML capable Chandlers against
osaf.us, and cosmo isn't responsible for migrating that data anyway.

We will need to have a plan for instructing our bleeding edge users,
I'm lookin' at you Andre : ), on how to migrate their shares to the
new sharing format, and for the Preview release of Chandler we'll
need a plan for instructing everyone on how to do the same.

EIMML testing is perhaps the largest part of them cosmo 0.6.1 release
testing, but migration with EIMML is not part of that.

-Mikeal