[Cosmo-dev] Data migration testing for 0.6.1

Morgen Sagen morgen at osafoundation.org
Tue Apr 10 15:56:38 PDT 2007

With the transition from the old dual-fork ICS+XML shares to the new
EIMML-based shares, it's going to have to be Chandler clients that
migrate the data.  Cosmo doesn't understand the old XML format that
Chandler's been using to store all non-event-related data.  I guess
there are really two aspects to this migration:  one which copies the
old ICS+XML files into an 0.6.1 Cosmo instance, and then one where
the person responsible for a given collection uses their Chandler to
convert ICS+XML to EIMML (and then unpublishes the original dual-fork
collection).