[Cosmo-dev] Data migration testing for 0.6.1

Mikeal Rogers mikeal at osafoundation.org
Tue Apr 10 15:42:36 PDT 2007

> Yes, we are definitely planning a few IRC test sessions around
> 0.6.1 and we should cover migration testing during that.

For the first session next week I have this suggestion.

Rather than migrating all the osaf.us data we have jared host a clean
cosmo 0.6.0 and for the first 20 minutes of the session we load it up
with our accounts and data from Chandler and other clients.
Then we have jared bring down the server, run his migration script
and update to 0.6.1.
Then we use the rest of the time in the session to find any issues
that may have happened during the migration.

With this process we find all the bugs that pertain specifically to
the same dataset migrated with the same subscription URLs rather than
testing all our data that's been migrated to different URLs on the
migrated instance. This would have flushed out a lot of the issues we
didn't catch last time in the migration testing process until we went
to production.

-Mikeal