[Cosmo-dev] Data migration testing for 0.6.1

Jared Rhine jared at wordzoo.com
Tue Apr 10 14:46:12 PDT 2007

We had a spirited time with the data migration during update last time
osaf.us was updated.  What things do we want to do differently for the
osaf.us 0.6.0.1 to 0.6.1 update?

I haven't seen "data migration" testing on 0.6.1 test plans (sorry if I
missed them), so I'm sorta assuming that osaf.us-focused testing will
again be the driver for testing of the Cosmo data migration features.
That's perfectly fine; that's one of the reasons osaf.us is there and
I'm happy to be heavily involved.

When would people like to see a first migrated-data test instance of
osaf.us be made available?

How is QA thinking of the migration testing?  Who's on point?  Should we
document our migration test plan, and when?

I think we are likely to have the same approach to data migration
testing: part automated, part manual.  Automated testing will use
Mikeal's ICS-comparison script, and manual testing will revolve around
volunteers looking at their private data in a migrated-data test
instance during dedicated IRC sessions.

-- Jared