[Cosmo-dev] Branching

Mike Taylor bear at osafoundation.org
Fri Apr 6 10:51:56 PDT 2007

On Apr 5, 2007 Ted wrote:

> So it seems logical to me that:
>
> 1. We branch for the 0.6.1 release
> 2. rletness works on the trunk
> 3. bcm, br, tvachon work on the atomwebui branch
> 4. mde works on dashboard stuff in a private branch but puts other
> changes into the trunk
>
> Does this sound right, or am I on crazy pills?

If the work that is being done on atomwebui branch is current and is
really the 0.7 work then I suggest the following:

  - until 0.6.1 is branched, work on atomwebui but ensure it's current
in respect to the trunk content
  - once 0.6.1 is branched, merge atomwebui back to the trunk
  - mde will then decide which sandbox he wants to play in

So, let me know when 0.6.1 is ready for release branching.  Since bcm
is keeping atomwebui current it should be a basic merge command to get
it back to the trunk.  Let me know if any assistance is needed by me.

thanks,

---
Bear

Build and Release Engineer