[Cosmo-dev] Re: [commits-cosmo] (rletness) [4051] calculate calendar bytes length at time of spooling to ensure

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Fri Apr 6 09:55:51 PDT 2007

On 4/6/07, Randy Letness <randy at osafoundation.org> wrote:

> Yeah I can't think of another reason.  CalendarOutputer does some
> special stuff like line folding it looks like.  They both first convert
> the Calendar object to a string before outputting.

o rly? i thought it just iterated through the components and
properties and output them one at a time. i guess if we ever get to
the point where we can quantify this as a major problem we can write
our own outputter.

in any event, we should use ical4j to write the calendar here rather
than the jcr-server utility method. line folding is important.

> The problem is that there are some instances where:
>
> parse(parse(icaltext).toString())
>
> results in data loss, meaning the output string of the first parse is
> not equal to the output of the second parse. This usually occurs when
> the ical data contains escaped text with quotes.  I've logged this as an
> ical4j bug.

did we send a patch that ben hasn't incorporated yet>