[Cosmo-dev] svk for sandbox sync?

Jared Rhine jared at wordzoo.com
Wed Sep 20 15:13:34 PDT 2006

Brian Moseley wrote:
> grant mentioned that he's been using svk (<http://svk.elixus.org/>) to
> keep his sandbox in sync with the chandler turnk. maybe this would be
> useful for travis and vinu as well?

I'm using svk to keep track of patches to the Cosmo trunk.  This is a
different configuration than tracking back to a sandbox that you can check
in to, but my mostly-self-reminder notes are available here:

http://wiki.osafoundation.org/bin/view/Journal/SvkUsageNotes

To do what you describe, you'd make two mirrored checkouts, two local ones,
and be able to diff between I think any of those (since they are all inside
one svk repo).

svk is handy for normal committer development too.  Faster for most
operations since it's got a full local copy to act against.

-- Jared