[Cosmo-dev] bug: 7127 move ContentItem.content and content* properties to table fields

Brian Moseley bcm at osafoundation.org
Thu Oct 19 14:44:26 PDT 2006

On 10/19/06, Ted Leung <twl at osafoundation.org> wrote:
> So over in Chandler, there have been lots of schema changes.   It was
> only fairly recently that Chandler could detect that the schema of
> the local store had changed.   Before that, we had a practice of
> sending a note to the dev list letting people know that the schema
> had changed.
>
> Would this be a worthwhile practice for us to adopt?   I know that
> all the committers are reading every commit message, but there are
> folks on this list who might be impacted by such changes, and who may
> not be reading the commit logs...

yes, it would. i've tried to do this in the past but haven't had much
success remembering.

what would be *really* nice is to get an auto-upgrade mechanism going
so that cosmo could detect an out of date schema and upgrade it in
place. this should be pretty easy to implement and probably should be
added to 0.6.