[Cosmo-dev] bug 5078: read put request content into a tmp file and compare the]

Jared Rhine jared at wordzoo.com
Tue Oct 17 10:29:22 PDT 2006

Brian Moseley wrote:
> this is not a change from 0.4 - it's the reintroduction of
> functionality that was in the original jcr implementation of cosmo
> since day one.

Ok, has 0.5-SNAPSHOT been reading into memory?

> if you can think of another way for us to verify that we really did
> read the number of bytes specified in the content length-header that
> doesn't require us to read the request content into memory and pass
> that around between layers, i'm all ears :)

Are the resources bodies being put into mysql?  Can you sql select the
length of the resource?  Can the mysql update be streamed?

I'll be happy to re-benchmark the most recent round before and after the
change.  It'll take me a few days to schedule though.

-- Jared